Sarvodaya Higher Education Society, Mansa.
Date of Birth: 4th January, 1958
Family : Father-Late Dr. N .C. Shah (passed M.B.B.S. in 1933 from Mumbai)
Did basic work in Homeopathic Medicine
Wife: Mrs. Jasmina Shah (B. Pharm. assisting to day-to-day activities)
Mr. Vatsal Shah, 22 Years, currently pursuing Ph.D. in U.S.
Ms. Prachi Shah, 18 years, pursuing 2nd year BDS
Summary of Qualifications:
1983 B.J.Medical College Ahmedabad
1986-87 V.S. Hospital Ahmedabad
1986-87 till today Private Practice at Ranna Park, Ahmedabad as Diabetologist and Endocrinologist
Vice president- Health-care Project. Zydus Cadila
* Member of Ahmedabad Physician’s Association. Dr. Shah has held various positions in APA like Executive Committee Member, Joint Treasurer, Treasurer, Joint Secretary and Vice President.
* Dr. Shah became President of Ahmedabad Physicians’ Association during the year 1999-2000. During his tenure, he conducted the highest number of CME’s (Continuous Medical Education) Programme.
* He also organized two national conferences at Ahmedabad. He was the Joint organizing Secretary of RSSDI (Research Society for the Study of Diabetics in India)
* He has been an organizing secretary of APGCON in the year 2004-5.
* He has been organizing secretary of the Conference of Hypertension Society of India in 2000.
* He has been Member of Executive Committee of Gujarat Physicians’ Association consecutively for 2 years.
National and International Conferences on Diabetology
* Some of the places where Dr. Shah has attended the International Conferences are as follow:
Rome- As a Principal Investigator for the International Clinical Trial
Bangkok- Recent Advances in Medicine
Singapore- Update on Diabetes
London- Visits to various hospitals
Florida (USA)- National Conference American Diabetes Association, year 2004
Neo Orleans (USA)- National Conference American Diabetes Association, year 2001-02
Philadelphia (USA)- National Conference American Diabetes Association, year 2000
Paris- International Diabetic Federation, year 2003
Mexico- International Diabetic Federation, year 1999-2000
Hong Kong- As national Faculty in Diabetes update of Eli lilly
Bangkok- Update on Diabetes
Budapest- National Conference of European Association for the study of Diabetes
Mauritius- Visit to various hospitals
Bangkok- 6th IDF WPR Congress, 2005
Turkey- First International Diabetic Symposium in 2006
Washington DC- American Diabetic Association in 2006
Singapore- International Conference Diabetic Association 2006
London- Investigator Meeting, 2006
New Jersey- AIANA meeting
Cape-town- International Diabetic Federation at Cape-town, S. Africa, Dec, 2006
Hong Kong- PAN Indian Diabetic Conclave at Hong Kong in Jan, 2007
Amsterdam- EASD in September, 2007
Finland- 5th Diabetes World Congress, 2008
San Francisco- 68th ADA Meeting, 2008
*Attended International Conferences at various places in Colombo (March), USA
*Attended Investigator’s Meeting at London for Inhaled insulin Clinical Trial sponsored by an International Pharmaceutical Company
*Life Membership in Ahmedabad Medical Association
*Life Membership in Ahmedabad Physicians’ Association
*Life Member in Gujarat Physicians’ Association
*Life and Academic Member of Research Society for the Study of Diabetics in India
*Life Member hypertensive Society of India
*Life Member Cardiology Society of India
*Panel Referee of general Insurance Companies of India
*Committee Member, centre of Excellence in Technical Textile at ATIRA
Since 1983, Dr. Shah has been working as the Honorary Secretary & Trustee of Sarvodaya Higher Education Society, Mansa which is managing 3 colleges: Arts, Science and Commerce. Before 1983 there were only 1000 students. At present there are more than 3000 students in various colleges at Mansa. Dr. Shah has been instrumental in generating fund of Rs. 3 crore with his personal ability.
Dr. Shah has been Vice President of Maruti Charitable trust since last 7 years. The trust is managing a school, “Saraswati Vidya Mandir”.
He was Charter President of Lions Club of Ghatlodia in 1993-94
He was District Chairman, Lions Clubs International District 323B in 1994-95 (Portfolio-District chairman-Sight first)
He has been District Chairman, Lions Club International District 323B in 1995-96 (Portfolio-District Chairman-Community betterment)
He has been District Chairman, Lions Clubs International District 323B in 1996-97 (portfolio- Zone Chairman)
Interests and Activities:
Best President Lions Club
Award on presentation of paper in national Conference in Diabetes
Lagdhirba lecturership Trophy of Gujarat Physicians Association in 2001-02
Awarded trophy at new Jersey USA by AIINA (World Gujarat Society based at USA)
Samaj Gaurav given by Navgam Visnagar Vanik Society at Mumbai
Professional/ Administrative Experience:
* Dr. Shah has held various positions at Sterling Hospital.
Chairman, Medical Executive Committee
Director, Clinical Research
Chief of Medical Staff
* Sterling Hospital was commissioned within a short span of 6 months under his able leadership after taking over.
* Sterling Hospital is a 290 bed Multi Super Specialist Hospital located in the heart of Ahmedabad and its various specialities like Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Critical Care, Endocrinology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Urology, G.L. Surgery, etc. have played a major role in developing all the above departments. At present Sterling Hospital is considered as one of the finest tertiary care centre in the Western part of India. Dr. Shah was involved right from the conceptual stage of the development of Sterling Hospital and his efforts have resulted into developing Sterling Hospital as an Institute.
* Currently, Dr. Shah occupies the position as Vice President Health care Products- Zydus Cadila Health Care Ltd. It is a 5000 cr. Multinational Healthcare Products Company and is planning to work with Govt. of Gujarat in Public Private Partnership (PPP). First project planned is Sola Civil Hospital on S. G. Highway which will be looked after by him.
Clinical Research Participation:
* Therapeutic efficacy and safety of orlistat compared with placebo in obese patients.
* An International Clinical Study to assess the effect of endothelin receptor antagonist time to doubling of serum creatinine, end stage renal disease or death in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and diabetic nephropathy.
* Two International Clinical Studies of Human insulin inhalation powder in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
* An International Study to evaluate the safety, efficacy and tolerability of the investigational drug in dyslipidemic and over-weight patients.
* A Multi-center, Randomized, Double Blind, placebo Controlled Study to determine the efficacy and safety of SYR11022 (SYR322) when used in combination with Sufonylureas in subjects with Type 2 Diabetes.
* A Multi-centre, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Study to determine the efficacy and safety of SYR11022 (SYR322) when used in combination with Thiazolidinedines in subjects with Type 2 Diabetes.
* A Multi-center, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Study to determine the efficacy and safety of SYR11022 (SYR 322) when used in combination with Insulin in subjects with Type 2 Diabetes.
* A Multi-center, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled Study to determine the efficacy and safety of SYR11022 (SYR322) when used in combination with Placebo in subjects with Type 2 Diabetes.
* A Phase2/3 Randomized, Double Blind, placebo and Active Comparator- controlled, parallel group multi-center study to determine the safety and efficacy of MBX-102 in the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes in patients sub optimally controlled on Insulin.